Fully reversible pivot hinge
For use on PVCu or timber or aluminium windows
490 Pivot is suitable for horizontal or vertical applications carrying sashes up to 180kg (horizontal) or 120kg (vertical). Profile specific, the 490 Pivot is available in restricted (with various degrees of restriction to a maximum of 100mm) or in unrestricted versions. 490 Pivot allows the sash to fully reverse and lock out for cleaning the outside face of the window from the inside. The thumb-turn restrictor type has an automatic restriction engagement / re-engagement and the key operation type restrictor is semi-automatic (only re-engages after full reversal).
Features & Benefits
- For horizontally or vertically pivoted sections.
- Available with integral automatic restrictor with stop at 10 or 15 degrees and automatically engaging reverse stop at 170 degrees.
- Restrictor available in three different designs.
- Pivot design is profile related.
- Adjustable friction mechanism.
- Demountable or non-demountable versions.
- Integral skirts and sealed angular legs for optimum weathering - optional on some models.
- Key operated semi-automatic integral restrictor available.
- Elongated fixing holes on some models for adjustment during installation.
- Phone for latest profile compatibility list.
- Pivot compatibility design service for new profiles.
- Examples of timber section details available.
Please note that it is the Duty-Holder's responsibility to specify the appropriate restrictor for each situation.
Maximum sash weight:
Horizontal – 180Kg
Vertical – 120Kg
Stainless Steel M5 machine screws/dependent on window profile
Tested in accordance with DD CEN/TS 13126-9:2004 and BS 6375 Part 2:2004
email@example.com / 01206 713801