Slim thermally improved glazed-in ventilator
For use on PVCu, timber or aluminium windows
Variglaze is a thermally improved glazed-in aluminium ventilator that provides an Equivalent Area (EA) of 5400mm² per metre of extrusion (equal to vent length minus 78mm). Slim size minimises impact on window sight size. The Variglaze is available in made to measure sizes or in bar length in a variety of colours.
Features & Benefits
- Slim size minimises impact on window sight size.
- 2500mm² EA Vent at 540mm long, 5000mm² EA Vent at 1005mm long.
- Supplied made-to-measure or in bar length (pre painted only).
- Bar length for cutting to size by customer (pre painted only).
- Suitable for 20, 22, 24 or 28mm glass thicknesses.
- Aluminium or white plastic canopy.
- Dual hardness flap gasket improves weather tightness.
- Minimal projection for inline patio doors.
- Thermally improved.
- Available in Gas Regulations version, complies with BS5440 Part 2.
- Retrofit or fitted cord control unit.
- When specified correctly, complies with British Building Regulations.
Effective in reducing pollutants in the home and improving Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), therefore reducing the risk of Toxic Home Syndrome.
Note - Special consideration is needed regarding the bead fitting method and sealing on timber windows. Standard glazing tapes may not be sufficiently flexible.
|20mm Glass Thickness||22mm Glass Thickness||24mm Glass Thickness||28mm Glass Thickness|
EA figures achieved when fitted to manufacturer's recommendations. Tested in accordance with BS:EN 13141-1 (2004).
Aluminium 6063 HIT T6, component parts PVCu, POM, PA6 & PP (UV Stable)
Tested in accordance with BS EN 13141-1:2004 (air flow, air leakage and weather tightness).
Acoustic performance tested in accordance with BS EN ISO20140-10:1992, BS EN ISO140-10:1991 and single figures to BS EN ISO717-1:1991.
(Full test details available on request)
Equivalent Area (EA) (mm²) – 5400 per metre of extrusion.
Free Area (mm²) – 9650 per metre of extrusion.
Air Leakage (m³/hr @ 50Pa) – 500mm overall length - 2.49.
Water Resistance (Pa) – 300.
Acoustic D n,e,w (+/-) – 500mm overall length - vent closed 48 (-1;-1), vent open 33 (0;-2).
Suffix product code with: -387 (white with white PVCu canopy), -020 (white with white aluminium canopy), -475 (white with black aluminium canopy). Other finished available depending on quantity.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01206 713801